I'm signing up for this Bloggiesta, as created by Natasha @ Maw Books Blog. I started quite late but it sounds like a fun and helpful event. If you'd like to learn more and sign up, click here or visit http://blog.mawbooks.com/2009/06/19/bloggiesta-lets-begin-the-festivities/.
A fuller explanation of the rules can be found at Maw Books Blog - click here.
- The Bloggiesta will focus on blog content, improving/cleaning up your blog or working on your social network profiles. They're pretty open on what you can do during the bloggiesta but reading actually won’t count! The point is to catch up instead of adding another book to the “to be reviewed” pile.
What qualifies for Bloggiesta - I've italicized those which tasks I plan to do:
- Write book, movie, TV, product reviews. Any reviews really.
- Write backup posts for a rainy day.
- Write that great post idea from three months back.
- Work on series posts.
- Write guest posts.
- Put out invitations for guest posts.
- Conduct and edit author interviews.
- Create template posts for your future reads (ie: title, images, linking, tags, etc,) so you can open up, write review and post without being bogged down with technicalities
- Clean up your tags, archives, books reviewed list, etc.
- Improve your blog template, clean up sidebars, add a favicon, install those plugins that you’ve been meaning to do.
- Add or edit your about me page, review policy, create landing pages (for example - an about me for Twitter readers page) or any other pages you might have.
- Any bloggy type housekeeping that you’ve been neglecting.
- Clean up and update your challenge lists. Link up your posts with hosts.
- Make sure all of your social network profiles are up to date. Brand yourself through those profiles with color scheme, images, etc.
- Go get a gravatar.
- Visit the Blogging Tips group on the Book Blogs Ning and find ways to improve your blog.
- Work on any specialized projects that you may have going.
How to play (from Maw Books Blog):
- The date is Friday, June 19th beginning at 8am, Saturday the 20th and ending Sunday the 21st at 8am. That is a total of 48 hours, of which you should aim high for a total of 18-24 hours spent on the challenge. The hours spent on the challenge do NOT need to be in a row. Use the entire 48 hour time frame and see what you can do with it. Whatever you can do is fine.
- It’s your call as to how much you want to put into it.
- When you start the challenge, visit the “starting line” post at Maw Books Blog and link to your specific post about beginning the challenge which is posted on your blog.
- How many updates (if any) you want to do is up to you.
- If you are on Twitter, use the hashtag #bloggiesta to join the chatter.
- Your final summary post needs to be posted no later than noon on Sunday, June 21st. Return to the finish line and link to your specific summary post. Your summary should include the number of hours spent on the challenge, what you accomplished and any other experiences you’d like to add.
- Sign the Mr. Linky at Maw Books Blog if you intend to join the challenge.
Who can play?
- Anybody! All are welcome!
Thanks for joining the challenge! I can't wait to hear how you do!ReplyDelete
I've been really inspired by Bloggiesta to deal with some of the things on my To Do list for my blog. It's been a hectic weekend with my family, but I've still managed to get some work done and will hopefully be able to get a few more hours in this afternoon.ReplyDelete
I hope you're enjoying Bloggiesta as well.